Nashville, TENNESSEE – According to the state officials, families impacted by the infant formula shortage are encouraged to use the following resources:
- Read guidance about formula substitution and warnings about altering formula here
- Call your local foodbank to ask if they have infant formula in stock here
- Check your formula’s lot code to see if it was affected by the recall here
- Find a list of formula substitutions for your child here
- Families who qualify for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) can find additional resources here
Governor Bill Lee released the following statement:
“As parents across the country face empty shelves at the grocery store, we’re reminded just how important a stable supply chain is for Tennessee families.
We thank grocers and retailers for doing their part as we pull every lever to give Tennesseans in crisis the resources they need – but ultimately, it’s time for the federal government to do all they can to deregulate, ease restrictions and get formula back on the shelves.”
This is a developing story and it will be updated as new information become available.