Scroll Top
19th Ave New York, NY 95822, USA

Young boy, described as fit and healthy, was ‘a little sick’ when he first got the Coronavirus; died just days after testing positive for COVID-19

The child’s parents said their 8-year-old son had no underlying health conditions. Unfortunately, he died just days after testing positive for COVID-19. His family said the boy, a healthy child, was a little sick when he first got the Coronavirus. But, his condition rapidly deteriorated. He was taken to a hospital 4 days later when he began experiencing breathing difficulties. Unfortunately, he passed away just hours after arriving.

The 8-year-old boy, Jasper Cook, reportedly came home from school on January 17 and he was not feeling well. He tested positive for Coronavirus the next day. His family said the boy’s condition rapidly deteriorated.

Cook was taken to a hospital 4 days later when he began experiencing breathing difficulties. Unfortunately, he passed away just hours after arriving, the Daily Mail reports.

The 8-year-old boy was described as fit and healthy by his parents.

The boy’s parents, Kim and Ian, said that there were no warning signs that their son would become so ill. The family now hopes the coroner’s report will highlight his exact cause of death and provide them with some closure.

The 39-year-old mother reportedly said: “There were literally no warning signs. There were no signs this could happen, or was going to happen, or was expected or anything. It’s taken the legs out from under us.”

The 8-year-old boy was feeling a little sick in the days that followed, but not unwell enough to need to see a doctor, his family said.

 On Jan. 21, the boy’s mother contacted the ER when her son’s condition suddenly took a turn for the worse and he was unable to breath.

The 8-year-old boy was taken to a hospital. Unfortunately, he passed away later that day. 

The 39-year-old mother reportedly said:“He was funny, all he wanted was cuddles. He was a Lego fanatic. He was a big supporter of Formula 1 and Lewis Hamilton, we spent lots of time snuggled on the sofa watching F1 and also Watford FC due to grandpa being a life-long supporter.

Everybody said his smile lit up the room. He was gorgeous. It’s devastating. We would not wish this on our worst enemy, on anybody, it’s like a living nightmare. It should not happen to an 8-year-old.”

The boy’s father reportedly said: “It took a long time to accept that it had happened, and he was not coming home. There’s a huge Jasper-shaped hole, it’s never going to be filled. Words just can’t really express the loss that we are feeling.”

A GoFundMe Page has been created, the family said. All money raised will either be utilized for a permanent memorial to Jasper or will be going to support relevant charitable causes, the page stated.